Saturday, January 03, 2009

What I did on my blog vacation

A True Story
By: Me

The first week in November, I had strep throat.

The second week in November, Grandmumsy had the flu*.

The third week in November, I had a sinus infection and a double ear infection.Grandmumsy sold her condo and moved.

The fourth week in November was Thanksgiving. Grandmumsy went to the hospital on Turkey day.

Then, December came.

The first week of December, Grandmumsy came home from the hospital.

Grandmumsy bought a new car the second week.

The third week, I was trying to get Christmas shopping finished up. Grandmumsy didn't feel well.

Christmas Eve came. The Kid, Auntie J and I went out for dinner. Grandmumsy didn't feel well enough to go.

Christmas Morning came, and Grandmumsy went back to the hospital. She's still there, but I think they finally know what they are doing now and she will hopefully get to come home next week.

Christmas has been delayed at our house until we can all be together. The Kid keeps asking when our 'makeup Christmas' will be.

I hope you all had healthy and happy holidays. More updates coming soon.

*Seems like all of her troubles lately go back at least that far.

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

I am so sorry to hear of all the illness. So glad they found out what your mom has maybe they can get her well and keep her well!!

Anonymous said...

Auntie J started a new old job dec 1st and got food poisoning xmas eve. The Kid brought me a box of kle/enex and said, "This will help with your very bad "cough" auntie J". Bless her heart! She's been a trooper with everything topsy turvy!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you all... please take care and get healthy! Kudos to the Kid for holding out on Christmas so long - my kids would never be able to do that!
~ Serra, et. al