Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A few of my favorite things

I really love being a mom. I thought I'd tell you all some of the really great things that I have discovered about being a mom that I never would have imagined I would like.

  • I love a lot of kid's tv. Little Einsteins, The Doodlebops, Sesame Street....heck, even a little Teletubbies and Boohbah now and again is good.
  • I love taking the kid to do new and fun things. Everything is a surprise to her.
  • I love sloppy wet kisses.
  • I love the kidlet's laugh.
  • I love her crooked little winky-eyed grin.
  • I love when we are reading a book together and I point to something and ask her what it is, and if she doesn't know, she will give me this look that says 'I WANT to learn'
  • I love to watch her get into mischief and see how her little mind works.
  • I love to hear her say 'mom-mom-mom'
  • I love it when she says 'Eye yay yay' - which in her world means 'I love you'
  • I love it when she will wake up in the middle of the night and I usually know what she needs and how to comfort her.
  • I love the feeling of her hand in mine.
  • I love coming home at the end of the day and walking in the door and having her scream with glee and run to me.

This is certainly not a complete list, just the first few things that came to mind. Maybe someday I will tell you all about some of my least favorite things about being a mom.

No comments: