Friday, March 10, 2006

Spring Break 2006

Grandmumsy is off on a quilting retreat, so the Kid and I (and Auntie J) have been playing for the last couple of days. Yesterday we went to the hoity-toity mall and she played in the mega playland and shopped and shopped.

Today, we all went to The Botanical Center and then to a park. It was so nice to see green and flowers and to be able to be outside!!

We also went out for lunch and made such a spectacle we can't go back for awhile. The Kid spilled my whole soda on the table and it ended up on my pants so it looked like I peed. Then as we were leaving, I was carrying her out because it was busy. Somehow, I tripped and then just kept stumbling clear across the restaurant. I ran into a pole. I ran into an eating patron, whose companion looked at me like I did it on purpose. And I just kept stumbling and couldn't get my footing. I was so afraid I was going to either hurt the kid or drop her. Miraculously, she came out of it completely unscathed. In fact, she thought it was hilarious. I nearly broke my ankle, but as long as the kid is happy, that's all that really matters, right??????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It looked like I peed..." Way to use the kid as some cheap cover story for your lack of bladder control :)

Thanks for sending me the link to your beautiful blog!

-Deirdre