Monday, February 12, 2007

2.5


My little girl is 2.5 years old today. These milestones are always kind of bittersweet for me. She is changing so fast and I wish she would slow down. Every time she does something new, I'm so proud of her and yet, at the same time, I just want to go sit in a corner and have myself a little cry because she's not my baby anymore. I missed the first year of her life, you would think she could show me the common courtesy to slow down and quit learning and stuff. But, no, this is the way it was meant to be.

My girl, LOVES to dance. Turn on some music and she will dance herself into a frenzy. She is as good of a dancer as I am. I am serious. I have thought about getting her into dance classes, but I don't want her to make all the other kids jealous. She is PHENOMENAL! I think she is the next Martha Graham. She reminds me a lot of a young Elaine off of Seinfeld, complete with the little kicks.





Have I mentioned that she talks ALL THE TIME now? Well, she does, and sometimes, it's pretty dang funny.

Here's some of my favorite things.

One more time? - after a book, a song, a popsicle

Cheers! - If we each have one of the same thing, they must touch and we say "Cheers _____!" Sometimes this is a drink, if we are both wearing a hat, our noses, our thumbs. Anything really.

Fleemo! - Flamingo!

Mayme tay-mahr-wow - maybe tomorrow- usually said right after I have said "Not right now, honey."

Dah-doh! Dah-doh! - Donald! as in Donald Duck

Mick clue Mow Cluh! - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

Mother, I would like to use the computer so that I might get a jump start on studying for my college entrance exams. I'm not even sure when/where she learned about college entrance exams....

She has an imagination that rivals my own growing up. She refuses to stand on the bath mat next to the bathtub because she is afraid to step on the ladybugs (it's ladybug-free). We play lots of hide-and-seek for Toodles (it's a 'character' off of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse). She makes the best popcorn cookies and ice cream soup you have ever had the pleasure of eating. And she makes THE BEST coffee I have ever had. And her imagination is not ALL about cooking....there are always puppies and kittens running around our house, eventhough I am very allergic....

I wake up every day, anxious to see what new thing she will learn or discover. I am so proud of her, but at the end of the day, once she is sound asleep, I sometimes go back to look at pictures of her from the day we met. I still wish I could have just a little more time with my baby. But no, this is the way it was meant to be. In six months, she will be three. 3!!!! If you need me, I'll be in the corner...having myself a little cry.
PS. She's not wearing real earrings, they are the stick-on kind. She has to wait until she's 13 for the real thing. But her armband tattoo?? Totally real.

1 comment:

A said...

What a sweet post. It's posts like this that make me hopeful--one day I will get this same experience too. Oh, if you need to go to the corner to have yourself a little cry, have at it. :)