Sunday, February 26, 2006

One of Miss R's obsessions

The newest picture below is one of The Kid's big obsessions. She loves, Loves, LOVES to put things on her head. So much so, that I have had to hide some of her toys from her because she will put them on her head and then try to walk around. That's fine if it's a hat or something clear. But when she puts a blanket over her head and tries to walk around the living room? That is just a disaster waiting to happen.

I remember a couple of months back, I had come home from work and my mom and The Kid were watching Oprah and it was all about extraordinary kids. There was a 5 year old piano prodigy, a 12 year old girl whose paintings were selling for thousands of dollars. I started to get a little excited thinking of all the possibilities. As I was just about to say something about maybe R ending up on Oprah one day, the kid picked up a toy sand bucket, put it on her head, and proceeded to smack the bucket and then make noises to hear the echo. Oh well...I've always thought Oprah was full of herself, anyway.

No comments: