Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Our first 6 months

I can hardly believe that R has been with me for 6 months. The time just seems to have flown by, but at the same time, I feel like she’s been with me forever. Sometimes I will watch her and I am just amazed because she is the perfect daughter for me. I do think that she was destined to be my daughter, and I was meant to be her mom-mom.

In just 6 months, she has gone from a waif-like 16 pounds to a healthy 22 pounds, grown almost 3 inches, and almost fills out size 12 month clothes (although she has a couple of 6 month outfits she can still wear). She has nearly mastered walking. Any moment, she will have running and climbing figured out. She is starting to talk. She can say mama (more like mom-mom), apple, light, night-night, hi, uh-oh (usually uh-uh-uh), lion, puppy (pup-pup), and kitty (kuh-tuh). She tries to say I love you, but it adorably comes out Aye yay yay. She has a little book with animal pictures and if you point to any of them, she will say the first letter. I don’t mean to brag, but the kid IS a genius.

She has gone from not knowing how to play or what to do with toys to a rambunctious, goofy little girl who I think is destined for either the circus or the US Olympic Gymnastic Team. I love to watch her every day as she explores her new world. She has a wonderfully weird sense of humor, just like the rest of her family. She is strong willed, but observes everyone and everything before making a move.

I love you, kiddo, and I can’t wait to see what the next 6 months have in store!

No comments: