Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I have no clever title today

I always know that if I ever slack with Ye Olde Blog that someone will make it known unto me. So, that's why I'm taking a break from my oh-so-busy life to give an update.

We're good. Preschool is still good. Although, I just *think* preschool is going well because I haven't heard of any problems. And if it weren't for the weekly newsletter from the teachers, I would have NO CLUE what they do each week. Every day after preschool, this is the general conversation between The Kid and I.

Me: HI SWEETIE!! How was preschool today??!?
TK: Good.
Me: What did you do today?
TK: I don't know.
Me: Did you play outside?
TK: Yes.
Me: Did you play with your friends?
TK: Yes.
Me: Did you fly to the moon and slide on a rainbow?
TK: Yes.

I remember when I was just a little older than The Kid coming home from school and my mom harassing me about what I did in school that day. She just would not stop with the questions and I seem to recall punching her in the stomach. (Sorry about that Grandmumsy!!) I still to this day need to decompress for a bit before I feel like talking about whatever happened during my day. (And when you factor in that you really best not speak to me much before 10am, I have a limited window of conversation with people during the day. ) I want her to tell me about her day, but I also don't want to hound her for info.

And now, for a certain someone who complained because I hadn't posted anything for a while, I give you "The Many Faces of The Kid." I working on sharpening The Kid's acting skills. What do you think? Her next face will be BLUE STEEL.


Mad

Happy

Sad

Sleepy

Scared

2 comments:

RamblingMother said...

I like the "I don't know" answers about school too. Makes everything as clear as mud.

Great faces by the way.

beverly

D said...

Sweet photos!