Thursday, April 06, 2006

Separation Anxiety

I am taking a class that meets on Thursday nights through adult ed. Grandmumsy was kind enough to watch The Kid tonight so that I could go and 'better' myself. As I was gathering my things to leave, I leaned over and gave The Kid a kiss and said 'bye-bye'. WELL! She flipped out. I was so surprised, because she NEVER gets upset when I leave for work in the mornings. She seems to understand that when I leave in the morning, that means I can bring home the bacon AND fry it up in a pan at the end of the day. I guess it was just a change from the usual routine. As I was driving to my class, I couldn't help but feel incredibly guilty. So much so that I almost turned around and went back home a couple of times.

So, what did I do to help with my separation anxiety? I proceed to talk for two hours to complete strangers about The Kid. I'm sure they all want to kick me out of the class now. So much for making some adult friends!

(And just in case you were curious?? Grandmumsy cured The Kid's separation anxiety with a Banana Popsicle. Excuse me while I go hurl in the wastebasket.)

No comments: