Sunday, April 23, 2006

Some odds and ends

First of all, I wanted to welcome our new visitors. Bonjour! Please make yourselves comfortable. (I am addicted to my sitemeter. It's like internet crack. But I promised grandmumsy I wouldn't mention crack anymore, so sorry mom!)

Second, The Kid had her first haircut this past week and I was so proud of her! She didn't get upset at all and was such a good little girl. She didn't even mind when the stylist blow dried her hair. The only thing she didn't like was when the stylist pulled out the curling iron. You go, Kid! I think curling irons are a hassle, too.

Miss R and I also attended a Baby Shower. That was fun because most of the people there didn't know that I had adopted (I didn't tell very many people beforehand because I was afraid of THE JINX). And really, isn't it all about making someone else's day all about yourself, or in this case, about The Kid?

And finally, on a totally unrelated note, Auntie J and I went to see David Sedaris Saturday night. If you haven't read any of his stuff, do it. He is without a doubt the funniest man alive. Auntie J and I may not have ended up as his best friends, as we had hoped, but it was still a great time. He even signed two of Auntie J's books and got hamburger grease on it. She'll never wash that book again.

No comments: