Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mom's Day

If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I would have thought that I would be spending the day with the greatest kid in the world and my family all around me, I would have laughed my fool head off. Of course I always wanted to be a mom and I always HOPED that it would happen, but I don't know if I ever really believed it. Heck, even as I was getting off the plane in China, I was sure that it had all been some sort of mix up and I really wasn't going to come home with a daughter. I just can't help but feel like I am incredibly lucky....somehow, I was chosen to be the mom of this sweet, goofy, charming, independent and tempermental little girl. If that ain't like winning the lottery, I don't know what is.

As I put The Kiddo to bed tonight, I couldn't help but think of her birth mother. I will never know the circumstances that led up to me being R's mom, and I can't imagine having to make the decision that she made, but I hope that somehow she knows that R is happy and healthy and loved. And I would also like to tell her Thank You.

So, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you moms and moms-to-be...and especially to my mom (You are the best!)

**I should have a couple of pictures from Mom's Day luncheon in the next day or so....and they are hilarious! Seriously, you just might crap.**

No comments: